I graduate as a undergraduate in Shandong University. Now, I'm a master student in Johns Hopkins University, and I major in Robotics. My study interests are in Robotics, Computer Vision and Machine Learning.
- Apply feature selection to find dominant factors among the disease progression.
- Design the extra-data-dimension heatmap toolkit for visualization the patient clusters.
- Use Bayesian Neural Network to classify the progressor with uncertainty.
Object Detection in Aerial Image
- I contributed to the teamwork by reproducing existing mature algorithms, e.g. RPN, Faster R-CNN.
- I conducted simulated experiments and adjusted the parameters to realize the optimal training effect; improved the object detection performance on aerial images.
After testing nowadays' state-of-the-art object detection networks, we followed the Faster R-CNN algorithm. However, we made a few adjustments on it to adapt to VisDroneDet dataset. The dataset given consists of many variant-sized proposals which lead to a multi-scale object detection problem. In order to mitigate the impact of relatively rapid changes in sizes of bounding boxes, we added more anchors with large sizes to fit those larger objects and keep small anchors unchanged for detecting tiny objects such as people and cars in long distance. Moreover, the VisDroneDet dataset has an unbalanced object dis- tribution. When testing on validation dataset, we found that classification performance for car is much better than others for the reason that the appearance of cars is more frequent. To alleviate this problem, we masked out some car bounding boxes by hand for pursuing better classification performance.
Control and Monitoring System of DJI Drones through PC
- Designed the control interface on PC with varies functions like “vehicle detection”.
- Developed a system to transmit data between UVA and PC using Qt and DJI SDK.
- Applied the system in city traffic to successfully improve the management efficiency.
Binocular distance measurement with one camera on UVA.
Control of Carbon-free Car
- Developed a circuit board and selected the proper sensor by studying the control system of the carbon-free car.
- Conducted OOP of the machine by designing and applying the control algorithm.
- Awarded the First Prize in Engineering Training Integration Ability Competition of Shandong Province.
-Since the car is powered by the hammer block‘s gravitational potential energy, it is called Carbon-free Car.
-Win the First Prize in Engineering Training Integration Ability Competition of Shandong Province
Assembling and Programming Drones with ROS
- Assembled drones from scratch.
- Designed programs for STM32 flight controller(Pixhawk) running Robot operating system.
- Won the municipal First Prize in China RoboWork Competition.